Eggens Run Amok: Bolivian Adventures

We are missionaries in Bolivia serving street children through the Bolivian Street Children Project.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Future Grace

Our little Ethan got sick this weekend, so instead of going on a fun vacation with the boys we are at home with a sick baby. We decided to stay home primarily due to the heat in the Yungas, and the distance from medical care since we were not sure what little Ethan had. He is getting better now, but the boys will be back in a couple of days. I might head out to the Yungas for at least a day or two to hang out with the kids, but we will see how little Ethan is doing. When he doesn't sleep through the night, and is fussy all day it can be a little too much for one person to take care of him, so I want to be around to help Michelle out. We don't know how single working mothers take care of their children, but have a tremendous amount of respect for them being able to do so.

Part of my extra time here has been spent finishing a book by John Piper called "Future Grace." I have heard a lot about John Piper and many people have recommended him to me based on his Reformed/Calvinist theology given my tendency towards Reformed/Lutheran theology. "Future Grace" is described by Piper himself as one of his fundamental works, and outlines his basic theology that form a foundation for his other books. (His best known work is probably "Desiring God.") My current reading material is "Pleasures of God", which is also a Piper book, so you can look forward to a short summary when I am done with it.

I was told by the co-owner of our blog, that book reviews are "too boring and long" for a blog... so I moved it. If you are interested in reading the review of Future Grace take a look at: http://eggen4jc.googlepages.com/futuregrace

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home